Technology Headhunters, FinTech Headhunters
£50,000 to £60,000
Our client has an amazing opportunity for a Windows System Developer to join their team!
Windows System Developer - The Role:
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a renowned Payment business in the UK as a Windows System Developer. You will be surrounded with world class cutting technology and a chance to develop your career with a company that values your input.
You will be responsible for maintenance of all IT infrastructures both internal and external in line with the requirements of the operational plan, manage the disaster recovery process and provide support as and when required.
Windows System Developer - Responsibilities
- Day to day administration, monitoring and maintenance of the company’s IT systems
- IT Helpdesk
- Provide IT technical support to users of the office systems
- IT Helpdesk responsibilities along with the use of the service desk software takes up a fair portion of the role
- Basic programming/scripting to facilitate the creation, development and execution of maintenance tools to aid in system administration
- Configuration management of server installations
- Configuration management of monitoring systems
- Planning and installation of new hardware and software including the physical installation of servers (rack mounting, closet wiring, power distribution etc.)
- Liaise with the development team regarding any changes to the e-Commerce payment platform
- Liaise with outside organizations (ISP’s, hardware vendors, etc.) to ensure any system failures/issues are quickly resolved
- Administer third-party services such as domain registration and external monitoring
- Purchase SSL certificates for use within the company
- Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
- Provide out of hours second line on-call duties to assist in the prompt resolution of any payment system incidents
- Provide disaster recovery and business resumption duties
- Liaise with the first line on-call/technical support/customer service team to provide training and support on new systems and to assist in any on-going technical problems
- PAT testing: equipment testing and record keeping
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for all systems (user guides, SOPs, network diagrams, etc.)
- User account management and install/configure desktop and laptop systems for deployment to new staff or technology refreshes
- Conduct audits of system components and configurations
- Comply with all legislation and codes of practice appropriate to the role
- Comply with the Health and Safety at work Act (1974) and relevant directives in all activities
- Compliance on all relevant aspects of GDPR as appropriate to the role
Windows System Developer - Technical Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft based systems:
- Windows Server including server-based components (e.g. Active Directory)
- Windows Desktop software
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Office 365
- SharePoint Online
- Microsoft qualifications desirable (MCSA)
- LAN/WAN technology
- Packet filtering / ACL’s / NAT
- Voice (Avaya)
- Network qualification desirable (CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIP).
- Knowledge and experience of Linux based systems.
- Knowledge and experience in configuration management software (e.g. Puppet, Chef)
- Knowledge and experience of HTTP (Apache, IIS), security, SQL databases
- Knowledge and experience in fault finding and resolving faults while in contact with customers.
- Knowledge and experience of monitoring system (Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti)
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and systems management
- Track record of practical problem solving and organizational aptitude.
- Knowledge and experience of version control software, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, DMS, data handling, record keeping.
Windows System Developer - Criteria:
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Full, clean driver’s license.
- Valid UK Passport
- Good product knowledge.
- Ability to perform the role of a good ambassador for the organisation always.
Windows System Developer – Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Progression Opportunity
- Good work / life balance
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Flexible working including remote working.
- Life assurance policy
- Social Events and Team building
- Health and wellbeing sessions
To submit your application for this exciting Windows Systems Developer please complete and submit the ‘Apply for this Opportunity’ form.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.