Retail Headhunters, Technology Headhunters
Our client is looking for a CTO who will be responsible for the management and strategic development of their IT function to include hardware and software as well as employees, contractors and external suppliers. The role will also encompass all the functions of a complex international company (inc Buying, Merchandising, Warehouse, HR, Finance, Operations, Legal, Business Development and Marketing).
The primary objective of the role is to provide strategic leadership to the IT function and build, develop and manage a proactive IT Department to ensure effective delivery and performance of IT to all areas of the business, both domestic and international.
The CTO will lead the transformation of the department ensuring that it takes a more commercial outlook and provides outstanding customer experience and service across the entire organisation both internally and external.
The idea candidate will need to have worked with in B2C environment with special focus within retail.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrable success running an IT department within a complex international organisation
• Significant experience of managing an application development and maintenance environment
• Exposure to legacy systems eg Siebel CRM, Oracle and Service Orientated Architecture
• Experience of running an IT environment that supports international telephony, on line communication, e-learning and podcasting
• Experience of hardware that would work in a third world environment (mobile phones/tablets etc) as well as traditional hardware and software